Thursday, March 26, 2009

Um...Not Sure About "Happy" Purrsday...Yet...

Guys, we has a mystery in our house this morning. Mom came inside wif this big, flowery, box thing that has a zipper on it. I've never seen it before, but Harry says it's a suit-em-up case. I'm still not really sure what it's for, but it's not usually in my living room, so I'm guessing somethin's gonna happen that I'm not gonna like. So for today's blog, we're gonna interview Mommy to find out what is going on.


Scooter: Ok, Mom, let's get right to it. Today is supposed to be Happy Purrsday, is it not?
Mom: Yes, sweetheart, it IS Happy Purrsday. Would you like a scritch?
Scooter: Mom, you're tryin' to distracts me, and it won't works. Now...tell me about the big, flowery box thing with the zipper.
Mom: You mean this one?


Scooter: Yes, Mom, Yes Mom, that's the very one. What is that thing anyways???
Mom: Well, Scooter, it's called a "suitcase."
Scooter: Yeah! Yeah that's what Harry said, a suit-em-up case. What's the suit-em-up case for, Mom? Did you bring it in just so we could plays wif it?
Mom: Well, no, Scooter. Mommy's going on a little trip this weekend.
Scooter: A trip?? You mean like when you go see Grammy and Pops for like 3 hours? That kind of trip?
Mom: No, honey. Mom's gonna be gone all weekend.
Scooter: WHAT??!?!? ALL WEEKEND???!?!??! But Mom, that's like furever!!!!?!??!
Mom
: No, honey, it's not! I'll be back in no time, I promise!
Scooter: BUT MOM!??!?!? WHERE ARE YOU GOING MOM??!??!?!
Mom: I'm going to Kansas to a wedding. My long-time friend, Trish, is gettin' hitched. We've been friends since we were 12, and she asked me to write something to read during her ceremony. I can't miss it, Scoot, it's very important!
Scooter
: MOM!!?!?! I'M GLAD SHE'S GETTIN' HITCHED, BUT MOM, DO YOU HAS TO GO FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND?!?!??!
Mom: I'll only be gone all day Friday and Saturday--I'll be back before you go to bed Sunday night. And Daddy will be home with you, and so will all 3 of your brothers!!! You won't be all alone!
Scooter: BUT, but Mom, it kinda looks like Harry's gonna go wif ya.


Mom: Don't worry, Fuzzy-Butt, I'm not gonna take Harry with me in the suitcase to Kansas. I promise.
Scooter: Ok, Mom. Does this mean no more blogs till next week?
Mom: I guess that's right, Scooter--so I guess you'd better say bye to all your friends.
Scooter: Ok, Mom. I guess this conclude ours interview. (And please don't call me Fuzzy-Butt in publics no more.) So everybody, now you knows the sad, sad truth. Mommy is running away from home, going to some foreign country called Kansas, and she's leaving us at home with Dad.
Mom: Scooter! I'm not running away! I'll be back by Sun....
Scooter: So from one sad kitty to the world...I guess I won't see ya till next week.
Mom: Will it make you feel better if I bring you a prize?
Scooter: A PRIZE!!!!!! PRIZES MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!!!!! MY MOM'S GOIN' TO KANSAS AND SHE'S BRINGING ME A PRIZE!!!!! BYE EVERYBODY, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. We hate suitcases too! It always means the humans are going away. But prizes are good.

    P.S. Hope your mom has a wonderful time in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there ole Fuzzy-Butt!

    *giggle*

    Don't worry. Your Mom won't be gone long and she'll bring you something terrific. And while she's gone your Dad will let you do all kinds of fun stuff that you're not usually allowed to do.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our mommy went to Kansas for a whole week last fall and we had to stay home with daddy too. It was oaky - he gave us lots of treats from the treat stash! We hope you have a fun weekend with your daddy and we hope your mommy hurries home with those prizes!

    Isabella and Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys!
    ummm...well if that flowery suit-em-up case thing is anything like my mommy's green hard-case thing, then I hates it already!

    Sammy, the cat

    ps - hopes your mommy has a wonderfur time at the wedding:)

    ReplyDelete